My friend Siphe and I were having a confidential conversation a few months ago and the term “short-man syndrome” came up and it was followed by fits of giggles based on our own understanding of the symptoms of this syndrome are. I googled it today, just to find out if there’s a definitive definitions and causes for it because I was just curious.
- A man who is 5ft 5 (1.65m) is 50% more likely to suffer from extreme envy problems that a 6 ft (1.8m) plus
- Shorter men earn, on average, considerably less than taller men
- Small guys are far more likely to be unable to find a girlfriend and lose their virginity later
- They are also far more likely to be unmarried and to suffer from depression
- Tall men were more successful than their shorter colleagues
- It’s as if they feel the need to prove something.
- They are more jealous than their taller counterparts
If you are dating a short guy or have a short guy friend and you have never understood their behavior at times well this may actually put a name to it and help you understand them better!